Thursday, December 15, 2011

Haley's Awesome Tuna Salad Salad

So I started healthy eating this week- and so far I've lost 7lbs since my weigh in at the doctor last Monday. Mostly I've just been calorie counting so I can still eat what I want, but it's more like portion control, fillers that have zero calories, and not eating past 7:30PM if I can help it. (Currently on medicine requiring food when taking it and you have to take it before bedtime...so I save a few calories for a  little something).

I've always had a thing of hating most salad dressings so I thought I would share what I enjoy. I eat tuna salad on top of a big plate of lettuce. Sounds gross, but it's really good. So below I've shared the recipe and an approximate calorie count.

Haley's Awesome Tuna Salad Salad
1 Can Tuna, drained
1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
Celery, chopped
Red Onion, chopped
3 tbsp. Reduced Fat Olive Oil Mayo
Mrs. Dash and Crushed Red Pepper to Taste!

Mix ingredients and add to a plateful of lettuce (Romaine mixed with red cabbage was used in the calorie count) and VOILA! Magnifico filling and tasty salad without nasty dressing.

Approximately 300 or less calories!
(I rounded up because I didn't measure the lettuce and red onion by ounce)

No comments:

Post a Comment