Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My fajitas bring all the dieters to the yard & they're like....This is low carb!

So we all know about the HCG diet, where some miracle drug helps you stay on 500 calories a day for like 30 days or something.

YEAH. Like that doesn't want to make you laugh in the face of everyone on the planet who tries it.

First of all, you can't drink on it. Strike one.
Second of all, you only eat 500 calories a day. Can we say exemplifying the definition of "hangry" people x10 here?
Third of all, rumor has it that it messes up the baby-maker. So if you're already through menopause, no big whoop.

But for those of us who someday unfortunately wish to spread the genetic code of our ancestors further- there is no way in hell we are doing this. Not to mention even if you don't- it's just insanely unhealthy.

So what's the purpose of this rant?


024.jpg

I am really glad they have seasoning and salad dressings to use on the diet because they don't contain salt or sugar.

Mrs+Dash.jpg

I'm testing them out on some boneless, skinless chicken breast strips tonight. I'll let you know the outcome.
I figure either way I'm going to make me some fajitas!

Fajitas a la Haley
boneless, skinless, chicken breast-baked @350 degrees Fahrenheit (seasoning optional)
Veggies in your drawer, chopped into strips (I'm using green peppers, mushrooms, and red onion)
Put veggies in hot skillet, the key to good fajitas is the TOMATOES! Are you thinking what tomatoes?

I'm talking about the tomatoes I'm telling you to use instead of oil for the fajita stir-fry.
Cut up some fresh ones, squeeze them & throw them in.
You can also use stewed or whatever you have on hand (but fresh is best, and canned is getting into high sodium territory).

Cook it up, slap it on some tortilla shells, and call it a day!

Voila. Easy as pie.

Garnish with lots of lettuce or avocado slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment