Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Microsoft Magic!

Sometimes my faith is restored in the pc and Microsoft's ability to win everything-even in the face of google and Mac awesomeness.

While reading the newest Women's Day magazine (a must have for any person wishing to make a house into a home in my opinion!) they introduced Microsoft WD to me. Previously I had only been seeing items like this working with the iPhone...and only in Cosmo.

Microsoft WD is an application which allows any web accessible smart phone (with a camera!) to access hidden information from advertisements, pictures, etc. In the most recent Women's Day they outlined how to find them (a little square with polka dots a little larger than a postage stamp and a big WD in the middle). I downloaded the app at http://gettag.mobi and once you have that you simply find the WD on pages or ads- access the app-take a picture- and it automatically uploads and sends you the mysterious hidden surprise!

So is it that easy? It is once you get the hang of how to actually take a picture the app will recognize. It took me about 5 times so don't give up! Other than that it is a very straightforward process. So far I have been registered to win a full laundry "solutions set" from Wisk (first prize) or a free bottle at least for one of five hundred second prizes.

I only had time to go through one before it was time to throw the laundry around. However! In one magazine alone there are about 15 other items to either enter to win on or to receive free stuff from. Exciting, no?

So check it out-and let me know what magazines you like to use this with!


No comments:

Post a Comment