Friday, October 22, 2010

Avoiding the call of Duty

Do you sometimes feel the need to wait until the last minute for a big decision or project? Sometimes in certain situations (naturally outside of the professional world but more in reference to taking jobs, decorating, packing, etc.) I find myself needing to wait until things are down to the wire. Why do I put myself under this stress? I've been thinking about this and realize I think about doing things, how they're going to get done, all the intricate details of what's needing to be done- and then when that is all fed up with and the deadline needs to be met it all works out perfectly.

For instance, this move to Texas!~ I have random things thrown in a room, know where things are, and have sort of packed up some clothes but not really. I leave this Monday at 8:30am for the long drive. Why am I sitting on my couch watching jeopardy? Well. I know where everything is, what needs to be done, and generally how I want to do it.

Is this just laziness or am I gifted? I think it depends on my ability to pull it off. Slightly worried- but who likes packing? No one.

Also I'd just like to add that when I went to take out some clothes to cut down on baggage I ended up with three more bags than I started with.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

No comments:

Post a Comment