Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Easy Elegance

I found a great tip while re-reading an old Halloween decorating magazine that can actually work in a quick situation for any added elegance. Any four to six (depending on table size) matching clean pillow cases will do. Preferably I would choose white or black cases.

Pick up some thicker ribbon coordinating with your decor, or in a contrasting color (making white and black for instance). Pin the ribbon around the pillow case just below halfway down the chair back.

These can definitely be updated in other crafty ways for different holidays, but I thought it was a great way to update a room from everyday to special occasion worthy in a matter of minutes and for a pretty cheap price.

We used to do something similar to this for recruitment in my sorority- but it involved about thirty girls ironing, folding, pinning, and one hot mess of work to make it as beautiful as it became. This can easily be stored, washed, and whipped out at the last minute if needed.


1 comment:

  1. Basically, I am never covering a chair so long as I live if I have to go through any sort of ordeal on the scale of the one that was Preference Round. I love that you could do this with pillow cases!

    ReplyDelete