Sunday, June 20, 2010

E-Reader: The New Best Friend

I never got into the whole ipod thing. I've had a few, but frankly I'm not one of those people who obsesses over music lyrics and bands people have never heard of. If I hear something and I like it, I like it. I don't know if I will necessarily go download fourteen albums of theirs off itunes, but I will like the song.

If any of you are like me and have a higher passion for reading than anything else, we have been sorely left out of this whole personal passion technology phenomenon....until now. Many of you have seen advertisements or heard of friends who might have e-readers. I am here to tell you they are the best thing since sliced bread. My brother and sister-in-law bought me the Barnes&Noble e-reader, the Nook, for my graduation present. While the Nook might have some haters out there in the hardcore technology world I have found that I am obsessed with it.

Here are some things to share about my beloved Nook:
  1. Larger than an ipod, smaller than an ipad
  2. Not heavy at all
  3. Definitely will fit in my purses, even my going out purse!
  4. Wi-fi accessible
  5. Can be reconfigured to accept non Barnes&Noble books if you really wanted to go through the hassle
  6. Can store music, pictures, and more
  7. Short charging period
  8. Made to not hurt the eyes
  9. Touchscreen navigation pad
  10. Gives you access to cheaper versions of books due to cut costs in production (no paper, no extra publishing costs!)

I've heard great things about the Sony e-reader too. The only problem I have ran into (aside from being too lazy to set up the probably illegal reconfiguration of its downloading software) is that in order to even download the free items from the Barnes&Noble eBooks section, you have to have an account with a default credit card on file. I'm not entirely sure I wish to set this up, so user beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment